After a six-month process whereby we assessed our strengths, structures and strategic direction, The Washington Bus is excited to announce that we have made the intentional decision to move from a hierarchical leadership structure to a shared management model as a way of elevating young professionals to take on significant leadership roles in today’s non-profit organizations. The Washington Bus therefore is seeking their next strategic and creative Co-Executive Directors – the Co-Executive Director for Operations and Development and the Co-Executive Director for Policy and Program – to shape, inspire, and manage the organization’s future in collaboration with one another, a talented staff team and a deeply committed Board of Directors.
The Washington Bus is a statewide movement building organization that engages young people in the civic process. We focus our resources on empowering young people of color, LGBTQ youth, first generation college students, and young people from working class and immigrant communities.
To lead the Washington Bus is to be at the forefront of moving our political process into a more inclusive and equitable space. The Bus drives up to the edges of the known civic engagement map, and then goes beyond. The Co-Executive Directors must navigate and thrive under these dynamics and be fully committed to steering the Bus into the decade ahead. In addition, they must have a track record of implementing anti-racist practices and working to undo institutional racism in our political structures. This is an incredible opportunity for two talented leaders to mesh their skills together in a way that brings out the best in one another and pushes the Washington Bus to excellence.
- The Washington Bus is looking for two new executive leaders to act as a symbiotic team to run the organization
- One ED will be responsible for Operations and Development, setting overall fundraising and communications strategy, budget development and general operations
- The other ED will be responsible for Policy and Program, setting overall political, advocacy and programmatic strategies and developing strong community partnerships
- Applicants from the diverse communities we serve are encouraged to apply
- Application deadline is 5 PM November 11, 2019